Sunday, May 16, 2010

Guesting for My Little Sketch Blook

I was really happy to guest design for Liz Qualman's blog again this month. If you haven't seen them before, be sure to go look at her wonderful sketches! My Little Sketch Blook Liz does fabulous sketches that are so versatile and fun.

This week's sketch was a great one. I really loved that it pushed me outside of my comfort zone. I love the bright and fun! I don't really use many circles, but Liz loves them. I really like how my layout turned out. My pictures weren't exactly right for the sketch, but when I turned the sketch on it's side, I got exactly what I was looking for with these pictures.

I used mostly Jillibean Soup products on this one. Love them! I am enjoying the comeback of kraft paper that I'm seeing lately and decided to give the punched look another go on this one. I really like these Jillibean letters and I used my glaze pen to give them a more custom look. I did some stitching, too.

Here is my layout.



This is my sweet great niece Becca. I lifted these pictures off of my niece's facebook page. :)

A little message to Becca:
Becca if you read this, you should know how proud I am of you! I hear and read quite often what a wonderful help you are to your mom. I know that you helped so much with the little ones while she was carrying the twins and I know that you are going to be such a great help with the twins now!! You are growning up to be such a wonderful young lady! I just wish that I got to see you more. Love you!

Thanks for dropping by!

8 comments:

  1. LOVELY, Robbie! I especially like the punched background. Clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too... that punched background is wonderful! What a gorgeous young girl too!
    Love what you have done with the sketch!
    Melinda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fun lo i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This layout is beauitul, Robbie! I really love the kraft background.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! I love the background--so much texture...

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful layout Robbie.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought some kraft paper in the 12x12 and 81/2x11 .....know I will be using it to put all the bright and cheery papers on it! Because of you..I went and bought me the Martha Stewart die cut punch (eyelet lace) I love all the layering you did. Total inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great take on the sketch. Love all of the stitching you did. Really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete