Thursday, January 6, 2011

My Creative Scrapbook Reveal - Main Kit

Wow!  Pam has done it again with the kits this month!  The January My Creative Scrapbook Main kit is out of this world!  It features Webster's Pages Sweet Season.  I am wild about this collection.  The colors are gorgeous!  Pam did it right and added so many beautiful extras.  The flowers, gorgeous trims and even glass beads are all the perfect fit for the wonderful paper collection.

Here is what I did with the Main Kit this month... 

A Taste Of Winter



To make the pleated banner along the bottom of my Taste of Winter page, I used a punch to make the scalloped edges. I then just folded back and forth as shown in the close-up and added glitter. Once you have each one finished, you can attach them.


Pleating the paper gives you a lot of freedom in arranging to the shape you want.

Sweet Snacks



To make the cupcakes on my layout:


Cut out a cupcake from the paper.
Trace it onto cardstock and cut that out.
Cut the cupcake apart between the icing and the cupcake holder.
Attach the 'holder' to your cardstock cupcake and then glue the trim along the top.
Attach the 'icing' overlapping the trim (just a bit) using pop dots.
Add rough glitter to the seam between the 'icing' and the trim.
Lastly, add the brad to the 'cherry' on top.

I have to say thanks to my friend Paula for letting me use these beautiful pictures of her girls!

Thanks for dropping by!

4 comments:

  1. Those pictures are just precious! Love the title "taste of winter", very cute. I agree with you, this kit looks amazing. Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layouts Robbie!! Love all the details and the photos are adorable!! :) God bless & big hugs... Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job, Robbie! Love the sequins on the cupcakes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These layouts are just beautiful!!! Love this kit (and you weren't kidding when you said it was "out of this world"!!!) TFS

    ReplyDelete