Saturday, September 17, 2011

She Art!

A while back, on Facebook, one of my friends posted a picture of a canvas she had done and mentioned She Art.  I LOVED the look of it!  As you all know, the last thing any of us needs is another hobby!  :)  Well, too bad!!  I had to give She Art a go.  After searching online for more, I came across an online workshop offered by Christy Tomlinson.  I signed up and finally had a chance to start watching the videos.  I love the way Christy teaches.  It's casual, yet packed with techniques and ideas! And... it's FUN!!

I am such a 'gotta measure it' and 'gotta have my ruler' girl, that I knew that I had to just go with it!  Talk about freeing!  I'm still in shock that I did this.  I know that the scale of my girl is off a bit, but I'm ok with that.  I so enjoyed that there were no rules for these girls!

I have to admit that I haven't finished the all of the workshop, but I just couldn't wait to try my hand at a girl.  Here is my first attempt...
 

The part that scared me to death was doing the hair.  It took me a while to get up the nerve to do it!  I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, but I know that I'll like it better after I've done a few.


In this picture, you can see that I used a lot of rub-ons and stamps.  The banner is just MME stickers that I glued on, painted on, doodled on... 


Next up... A tiny bow!  It is mine, so it had to have a touch of ribbon!  I really coated it and stuck it down with Mod Podge, so it won't go anywhere and it's stiff. 

  
Finally, I decided that I was keeping this one.  The sentiment is added last and this is the one I chose for me.


So that's it!  My first attempt, but certainly not my last! 

If you are interested in the class, go to Scarlet Lime for the details!  The class is worth every penny!!



4 comments:

  1. Terri Bauer9/17/2011

    Amazing Layers and detail. Excellent Job! i can't wait to attempt this in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robbie I can't believe you went against my advice and picked up a new hobby. However!!! Just look at what you creted, WOW!!! I totally love it to bits! You rock! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did such an awesome job!! I love your colors and detail!! High five-in our first girls!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW Robbie, your art work is breathtaking!!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete