Monday, October 8, 2012

Just Playing!


Lately, I've been playing again with mixed media.  I have taken the She Art workshop and recently purchased the Collage Couture book by Julie Nutting.  Along the way, I am finding what I like!  I'm loving mixed media and making 'girls'.

Julie Nutting does a fantastic job of breaking down her process for her girls in the book and I love the results that I'm getting from using the book to tweak my own style of drawing.
This is a girl that was made for my daughter.  She recently moved and has an extra bedroom that she's using as a home office.  I made this one to go with the colors of her new room.
We are so proud of Jade!  I wanted her girl to remind her that there is nothing she can't accomplish if she sets her mind to it!

I love that there is no "right" way to do these canvases.  Messy is good!  :) 
For the hair, I use a combination of acrylic paints and pens.  The paper is from Teresa Collins.  I LOVE this collection!


I also love that I'm using stamps that have been stuffed in my drawer for a very long time.  The flourishes are from some OLD Fancy Pants stamp sets.  I literally haven't used these in years and it's like going shopping all over again!


So, because I'm loving doing this so much, I had to make another one for Jade.  This one, although not originally planned to be, is a nod to her sassy side.  After the girl was finished, I couldn't help thinking that she was looking pretty sassy, so her quote was meant to be sassy and fun! 


This one totally makes me smile and I hope that when things aren't going so well, that it will do the same for Jade!  :)

I used some old LillyBee papers from my stash for the bulk of this girl.

I have another one done that I will share soon!  The only problem with making these is that I could make them ALL the TIME!  I'm not sure what I would do with them all!  Hhhmmmm... wonder if I could put them on flat canvases and use them for wall paper? 
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. wow these are so amazing...totally love

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are amazing Robbie! I am in love with she art girls. I just signed up for the workshop last week. I hope when I'm done I'm half as good as what you are doing. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well you should 'just play' more often because your canvas creations are beautiful. And not only your daughter gets to enjoy them, but my daughter is still in love with her piece of art all the way from Aggy Land. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10/11/2012

    These are impressive articles. Keep up the sunny handiwork.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG Girl!!! These canvases are AWESOME!!! I am in LOVE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10/14/2012

    Very awesome blog !! I couldnt have wrote this any better than you if I tried super hard hehe!! I like your style too!! it's very unique & refreshing…

    ReplyDelete
  7. These canvases are beautiful and fun.

    ReplyDelete