Thursday, March 27, 2014

Bloom Girls Workshop 1

Hi everyone!  I wanted to share a project that I did after taking Jamie Dougherty's Bloom Girls Workshop.  I'm in shock that I was able to do this! Drawing faces scares me!  :)  I never thought that I would be able to do something that I would actually show the public, but here is my first Bloom Girl!

 

Of course, like any first attempt at something new, there are some things that I would change.  In this case, mostly her lips.  I got a little carried away with them.  I'm alright with it though!  I'm bound to get better at them.  I'll be practicing!
 

Here is a close-up of 'blooms'.  Since my hair got a little sparse at the bottom, I decided to own it and give her a ponytail.  Perfect for me, since I got to add a touch of ribbon, which we all know I love!

It was also fun to dig through my stash and find some fun things to add.  The purple flowers and leaves are beads that I have been in my stash for so long, I don't even know where I got them!  Same with the little stone bobby pin.
 

Couldn't resist sharing the process.  My sketch that I did during the class.
 

The girl finished with no background or embellishing.  Of course, I learned so much from Jamie and some things about products that I would change.  In this case, I need to order more of the Golden Fluid Acrylics! They are worth it! 


My girl before I added the color to the flower clusters.  Let me tell you, I had the hardest time talking myself into finishing her!  I kept looking at her and thinking...." that's good."  I'm so glad that I added the color though because I like the finished project so much more than the white look!

SO... SERIOUSLY...  If you want to learn how to do something like this, go sign up for Jamie's class! 

 Here is the link...

 I signed up for Bloom Girls 2 and Elements last night!  I can't wait to learn more and to try to do a forward facing girl!  I'll be sure to share when I'm done!
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Saw this on fb and had to come for a closer look. This is absolutely stunning!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well look at you getting all arty... it looks amazing Robbie and the flowers finish it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very exciting blog post, I have been looking for this know how. Just so you recognize I located your blog when I was finding for sites like my own, so please look at my site anytime and write me a short review to let me know how you feel.Cardsharing Server

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is AMAZING!!!!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful Robbie! She is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete