Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Flying Unicorn June Kit of the Month

Here is another layout that I made with the Flying Unicorn Kit of the Month.  There are so many great bits and pieces included in this kit!  

 

I settled on a super simple background design for the base of the layout.  The seam between the two papers was covered with a sheer ribbon and then it was time to embellish.  My favorite part! 


There are lots of pretty flowers and metal pieces in the kit that layer beautifully for embellishing.  I added a sheer bow and a couple of heart pins from my stash, too.


The Bo Bunny wood pieces are also included in the kits.  I added a bit of ink to make them a bit darker.  The butterflies were cut from the paper, folded in the middle and then I used a pencil to draw trails and stitched along them.



This layout was based around the birth of my nieces twins.  The other 3 children in the photo are her older children.  The title was easy to come up with and to the point.
I used letters and a word from the kit and then added a Prima Chipboard 5 from my stash.  A couple of tiny flowers from the kit, along with a little heart from my stash completed the title work.Photobucket

1 comment: